Saturday, April 29, 2023
Make the Strawberry Sprint & Stroll 5K your family tradition!
A new Fort Mill favorite returns for a third year, kicking off the Town of Fort Mill South Carolina Strawberry Festival's week of activities. The Strawberry Sprint and Stroll 5K and Fun Run will take place in Fort Mill's historic downtown corridor on Saturday, April 29.
The course begins and ends on Main Street Fort Mill and includes scenic views along nearby residential streets. The race will begin at 10:00 am, starting with the 5k race followed by the one-mile fun run at 10:45. The race will conclude with the downtown Fort Mill Strawberry Jam, including local merchants, food trucks, music, a kids zone and a festive atmosphere lasting into the afternoon. Berry B. Good, Fort Mill’s cheerful strawberry mascot, and the reigning Strawberry Queens will also be part of the festivities.
The rolling hills of historic Fort Mill create a challenging yet fun course for runners and walkers alike. Wave to neighbors as they cheer you on from their front porch and take in some of the beautiful neighborhoods that give Fort Mill its unique charm. Kick off spring with Fort Mill's new favorite hometown race!
This race is made possible by the Fort Mill Economic Partners, whose mission is to advance quality-of-life opportunities in the town of Fort Mill to ensure a thriving community for both life and work.
PLEASE NOTE: Main Street will be closed for the duration of this race event and festival. There will be police support at busy intersections to stop traffic, and runners/walkers should exercise caution during the race events.
Things to Know:
- Participate in the 5k or Fun Run. Registration is required for all.
- There will be a runner's village following the race! Stay and enjoy local vendors, food trucks, music, kids zone and more this year as the event expands to include the Strawberry Jam.
- Packet Pick-Up will take place on Friday, April 28 at Charlotte Running Co. (Riverwalk) from 2-6pm. Race-day registration will also be available but t-shirts will not be guaranteed after April 17th.
- There will be water stops on the race course and nutrition tents at the start/finish line. This is a cupless race and participants should bring a water bottle to use throughout the event.
- Awards will be available on race day and there will be an award ceremony held at 11:30am. "Berry," the Strawberry Festival mascot, should also be on hand for photos (dependent on availability).
- Awards will be given to the Top Male/Top Female Overall and the top male/female winner in each age group for the 5k: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 and over.
REFUND & WEATHER POLICY
Race registration is non-refundable. This race will run rain or shine unless there is severe weather such as tornado warnings, thunderstorms, heavy and persistent rain etc. Should we cancel, you will be notified via social media, our website and email. Should we cancel there will be no refunds as that money has already been put toward the race.
5K ClosedOnline registration closed
Early bird pricingJan 1 – Jan 31
$40.00Feb 1 – Apr 28
$45.00Apr 29 – Apr 29
Fun Run ClosedOnline registration closed
$20.00Jan 1 – Jan 31
$25.00Feb 1 – Apr 28
$30.00Apr 29 – Apr 29
- There are NO refunds for this race. Click here for transfer instructions.
- Race Management reserves the right to cancel or modify the event due to unfavorable conditions
- Registration fees are not refundable in the event of cancellation due to "Acts of God".
- Event contact
- Mariah Price